First, my top three reasons to ski:
- Its fun! Sliding down a hill on skis can be an exhilarating experience!
- This is a great reason for all you fitness buffs - downhill skiing is a great form of exercise requiring a level of skill, balance, and flexibility. Skiing is also great way to cross-train and strengthen & tone several muscle groups. Ever see flabby thighs in the winter Olympics?!
- Skiing is fun for the whole family, young and old alike. It’s a perfect setting for families to reconnect and have fun. For those busy families always on the go, the gondola and chair lift rides are the perfect place to have your child’s undivided attention if only for a few minutes!
- Remember to stretch!
- Dress in layers. Layering allows you to accommodate the days — and your body's — changing temperature.
- Take a lesson. Every skier can benefit from a lesson!
- Learn the rules of the mountain and remember to carry a trail map with you! I learned this the hard way!!!
- SUNBLOCK!!! Even on those gray days UVA and UVB rays are especially strong as they reflect off the snow and also at higher altitudes.
- Water, water and more water. Don’t let yourself dehydrate especially in higher altitudes! Save the Après Ski for just that, at the end of the day!
Got more tips? Feel free to share them with us here at Tours de Sport's official site for the hottest skiing on the East Coast!